On the premise that we all waste way too much time every week on the Internet playing fantasy football, we devote one post per week to examining where our division's players stand in that week's fantasy football rankings. Click on the position name for the full rankings from our ESPN.com fantasy experts.
Usually, our group is very tightly bunched. Romo drops this week because he's up against a tough Bears defense and, likely, because the Cowboys' offense really hasn't started clicking yet. Griffin is kicking around among the fantasy elites due to his production so far and the fact that it seems to come with reliable rushing-yardage production.
4. LeSean McCoy, Eagles vs. Giants
11. DeMarco Murray, Cowboys vs. Bears (Monday)
21. Alfred Morris, Redskins at Buccaneers
24. Andre Brown, Giants at Eagles
25. Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants at Eagles
Bit of a cop-out here on the Giants' backs, as no one yet knows how the carries will shake out now that Bradshaw is back from neck injury and Brown is coming off his breakout 113-yard game against Carolina. Me, I'd stay away from the whole situation, especially since we're still talking about a team that ranked 32nd in rush offense last year. Morris still seems safe as the Washington starter, even after the signing of Ryan Grant this week. He's performed well and likely would have to get injured or struggle in order to lose his job or the lion's share of the carries. But you never do know with Mike Shanahan, do you?
8. Victor Cruz, Giants at Eagles
10. Hakeem Nicks, Giants at Eagles
18. Miles Austin, Cowboys vs. Bears (Monday)
21. DeSean Jackson, Eagles vs. Giants
25. Dez Bryant, Cowboys vs. Bears (Monday)
29. Jeremy Maclin, Eagles vs. Giants
34. Pierre Garcon, Redskins at Buccaneers
44. Leonard Hankerson, Redskins at Buccaneers
49. Kevin Ogletree, Cowboys vs. Bears (Monday)
What Larry Fitzgerald did to the Eagles' secondary last week indicates that top receivers can find success against Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and I wouldn't hesitate on either of the Giants this week. Garcon and Maclin have a chance to move up the list, I'd think, if their health situations get resolved later in the week. And if Garcon is out again, Hankerson probably moves up in his matchup against that porous Bucs pass defense.
6. Martellus Bennett, Giants at Eagles
10. Jason Witten, Cowboys vs. Bears (Monday)
12. Fred Davis, Redskins at Buccaneers
13. Brent Celek, Eagles vs. Giants
I'm a little surprised to see Celek so low, but with Maclin expected to play, it's possible Celek could see fewer targets. There's going to come a week on which Bennett doesn't catch a touchdown pass, but it's worth riding the hot hand while it's hot. Davis is on the move back up after he was a part of the passing game last week for the first time this year.
12. Lawrence Tynes, Giants at Eagles
15. Dan Bailey, Cowboys vs. Bears (Monday)
17. Alex Henery, Eagles vs. Giants
19. Billy Cundiff, Redskins at Buccaneers
They're kickers, so who knows?
9. Cowboys vs. Bears (Monday)
10. Eagles vs. Giants
12. Giants at Eagles
25. Redskins at Buccaneers
If you own the Giants' defense, you know it's a hit-or-miss fantasy play tied to sacks and turnovers. This is a week to use them against a team that's turning the ball over four times a game and can't seem to protect its quarterback.