Since many of us spend far too large a portion of the work week playing fantasy football anyway, here at the NFC East blog I like to take one post every Friday and devote it to matters of fantasy interest. Here, we take a look at where our division's players fell in this week's rankings by our ESPN.com fantasy experts. You can click on the position name to see each full rankings list by position. Remember, the Eagles are off this week.
4. Eli Manning, Giants vs. Redskins
9. Tony Romo, Cowboys at Carolina
Yes, of course, I will be at MetLife Stadium on Sunday to witness this high-octane battle between the No. 3 and 4 ranked fantasy quarterbacks of the week. Griffin is the better fantasy play because of his rushing numbers, but each of those secondaries has had its issues this season, and you'd feel awesome about starting either of those passers, especially on a week in which so many players are on bye.
8. Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants vs. Redskins
9. Alfred Morris, Redskins at Giants
16. Felix Jones, Cowboys at Carolina
33. Phillip Tanner, Cowboys at Carolina
40. David Wilson, Giants vs. Redskins
As someone who picked up Andre Brown this season the day before he played the Panthers, started him in that game and traded him the following week, I feel as though Jones should rank higher. But then I realize he's Felix Jones, perpetual fantasy letdown. Carolina can't stop the run, and the Cowboys ran the heck out of the ball last week in Baltimore, so I guess you roll with Felix, especially as a No. 2 running back this week. But would anyone be surprised to see Tanner put up better numbers? As for the Giants, yeah, Brown's as likely to get carries behind Bradshaw as Wilson is now that Brown's back from his concussion. But Wilson's clearly the guy more likely to bust a big play if he gets the chance, and since you don't know how the carries will shake out (Bradshaw says his foot is fine after missing practice Wednesday, but who ever knows with those feet?), it's better to take the flier on the higher-upside guy.
2. Victor Cruz, Giants vs. Redskins
12. Dez Bryant, Cowboys at Carolina
14. Hakeem Nicks, Giants vs. Redskins
18. Miles Austin, Cowboys at Carolina
34. Domenik Hixon, Giants vs. Redskins
T48. Santana Moss, Redskins at Giants
50. Pierre Garcon, Redskins at Giants
Kind of makes it even more impressive for Griffin to be the No. 3 fantasy quarterback this week when you see he doesn't have a top-47 wide receiver, huh? And yeah, I'd stay way away from Garcon, who sounds like he'll miss another game with that foot injury. If you play in those leagues in which you get a point for every catch, Cruz and Bryant have been treating you well.
4. Jason Witten, Cowboys at Carolina
13. Fred Davis, Redskins at Giants
15. Martellus Bennett, Giants vs. Redskins
Add to that last Griffin note, "or a top-12 tight end!"
6. Lawrence Tynes, Giants vs. Redskins
16. Kai Forbath, Redskins at Giants
18. Dan Bailey, Cowboys at Carolina
Of the many things I admire about our fantasy experts, the level of dedication is requires to sit there and try and figure out which kicker is going to have the bigger game each week is high up on the list.
11. Giants vs. Redskins
14. Cowboys at Carolina
21. Redskins at Giants
Yeah, defense is more an NFC West thing these days, isn't it? I think Dallas can outperform this particular expectation, even on the road against a team coming off its bye. It's not as though Cam Newton has never turned the ball over.