Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
1. Mike Singletary, head coach, 49ers. Huge road victory keeps the 49ers alive in the playoff race for another week.
2. Steven Jackson, RB, Rams. Fifteen carries for 74 yards in the first half against the Dolphins. Coach Jim Haslett was the only one who could stop him.
3. Shaun Hill, QB, 49ers. Avoided interceptions and made enough plays on third down for the 49ers to prevail in tough conditions.
4. John Carlson, TE, Seahawks. Six receptions for 105 yards against the Cowboys.
5. Justin Smith, DE, 49ers. Blew up the Bills' rushing attempt on a critical short-yardage play inside the 49ers' 10-yard-line. Also had 1.5 sacks.
6. Matt Hasselbeck, QB, Seahawks. Bounced back from two tough games and made plays despite dropped passes and poor pass protection.
8. Andy Lee, P, 49ers. Three punts downed inside the 20 and another downed at the 21 despite tough conditions at Buffalo.
9. Rick Venturi, defensive coordinator, Rams. His embattled defense held the Dolphins to three field goals and one touchdown.