Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
The first six players NFC West teams selected that year have not met expectations: quarterback Alex Smith (49ers), cornerback-turned-safety Antrel Rolle (Cardinals), tackle Alex Barron (Rams), Spencer, guard David Baas (49ers) and running back J.J. Arrington (Cardinals).
The next four players NFC West players selected -- Lofa Tatupu (Seahawks), Ron Bartell (Rams), Frank Gore (49ers) and Oshiomogho Atogwe (Rams) -- have either achieved Pro Bowl status or become front-line starters.
The Seahawks, Rams and 49ers each have four members of their 2005 draft classes on their active rosters. The Cardinals have two.
The Rams found four current starters in Barron, Bartell, Atogwe and third-rounder Richie Incognito.
The 49ers found Gore and right tackle Adam Snyder, while Baas and Smith could wind up starting this season.
The Cardinals have only Rolle and backup guard Elton Brown to show for that 2005 class.
Tatupu and Gore are the only Pro Bowl players from the 2005 NFC West draft class.
Sixteen of the 38 players NFC West teams drafted in 2005 are not on NFL rosters:
(44) Arrington (Cardinals)
(85) David Greene, QB, Geogia (Seahawks)
(117) Jerome Carter, S, Florida State (Rams)
(134) Claude Terrell, G, New Mexico (Rams)
(144) Jerome Collins, TE, Notre Dame (Rams)
(159) Jeb Huckeba, DE, Arkansas (Seahawks)
(168) Lance Mitchell, LB, Oklahoma (Cardinals)
(174) Rasheed Marshall, WR, West Virginia (49ers)
(192) Dante Ridgeway, WR, Ball St. (Rams)
(196) Tony Jackson, TE, Iowa (Seahawks)
5) Derrick Johnson, CB, Washington (49ers)
(215) Daven Holly, CB, Cincinnati (49ers)
(226) LeRon McCoy, WR, Indiana, Pa. (Cardinals)
(235) Cornelius Wortham, LB, Alabama (Seahawks)
(248) Patrick Estes, TE, Virginia (Virginia)
(254) Doug Nienhuis, T, Oregon State (Seahawks)