The Kings are 9-0 on the road and have won 11 straight road playoff games dating to last season.
The Kings have not lost a road game in regulation since march 26.
The Kings are 1 win away from tying the single-year postseason record for road victories
Most Road Wins in Single Postseason - Stanley Cup Playoffs History
2004 Flames 10 (also coached by current Kings coach Darryl Sutter)
2000 Devils 10 (won Stanley Cup)
1995 Devils 10 (won Stanley Cup)
The Devils are playing their 24th all-time game in June. Only the Red Wings have played more games in June in NHL history (30). This is the Kings 6th game all-time in June; they enter tonight 1-4 all-time in June (all coming in the '93 Cup finals).
Drew Doughty, LA (3) - 1-0 Kings
* 3rd goal of the playoffs, 2nd in last 3 games
* Kings are 8-1 when scoring 1st in the playoffs
* Doughty has 3 goals this postseason, the rest of the Kings defensemen have 3 goals this playoff year
* The Kings are 6-1 this postseason when leading after the 1st period.
* The Kings have outscored opponents 16-7 in the 1st period this postseason (2-0 in the Stanley Cup finals).
* Jarret Stoll: 1-3 record on faceoffs after 1st period (9-1 on draws in Game 1)
* The Devils had 10 shots on goal but had 11 other attempts either blocked or miss the net
* The Devils were 0-for-2 on the power play in the 1st period. The Kings have killed off 43 of 45 power-play chances on the road
* The Kings are 6-0 this postseason when leading after 2 periods
* The Kings have not allowed a 3rd period goal in each of their last 7 postseason games
* The Devils have scored only 7 goals in the 2nd period this postseason
Ryan Carter – 1-1 tie
*5th goal of playoffs for Carter (4 goals in 72 regular season games this year)
*1st goal allowed in 3rd period by Kings since Game 3 of conference semifinals vs Blues
* 1st time Game 1 & 2 of Stanley Cup finals have both gone to OT since 1951 when all 5 games of the series between Toronto and Montreal went to OT
* 25th OT game of this postseason, 1 shy of the 2nd-most OT games in a single postseason set in 2001. The single-year record is 28 set in 1993.
* This is the 7th game the Kings have played in the Stanley Cup finals. It’s the 5th game that’s gone into OT
* Kings win, they are the 4th team in Stanley Cup playoffs history to go up 2-0 in all 4 series (2008 Red Wings, 1988 Oilers and 1981 Islanders, per Elias)
* Kings win, teams to win Game 1 and 2 go on to win the Stanley Cup 42 of 47 times (89.4 percent)
* Jeff Carter: 1st career OT goal in playoffs
* 10th straight road playoff win for Kings (12th straight on road dating to last season). 10 road wins ties single-season playoff record (’04 Flames, ’00 Devils, ’95 Devils)
* The Devils are the 1st team to lose the 1st 2 games of Stanley Cup finals at home since 1997 Flyers