Sharks 4, Canucks 1
* Sharks: 5-0-0 is best start in franchise history (since 1991-92)
* Before the puck dropped to start the game, there was a scuffle resulting in 2-minute unsportsmanlike conduct minors for Alex Burrows (VAN) and Ryane Clowe (SJ). According to Elias, the last time a game "started" 4-on-4 was Jan. 29, 2008 when Sean Avery of the Rangers and Scott Walker of the Hurricanes each got 2 minutes for roughing before the puck dropped.
* FROM ELIAS: Marleau scored one goal when the Sharks extended their season-opening winning streak to five games. Marleau is the first player in Sharks history to score goals in each of the team’s first five games of a season. He’s the first player on any NHL team to do that since 2008, when the Blues’ Keith Tkachuk (6 games) and the Sabres’ Thomas Vanek (5) both did it.
* FROM ELIAS: The Sharks became the third team in NHL history to begin a season with five consecutive wins, all by a margin of two goals or more. The other clubs to do that were the original Ottawa Senators in 1920–1921 and the Quebec Nordiques in 1994–1995 (the other NHL season that was shortened by a lockout).
- Entering this season, Marleau scored multiple goals in 55 of 1,117 regular-season games, including four last season.
Goals This Season
Patrick Marleau SJ 9
Blue Jackets 9
Blackhawks 2, Red Wings 1 (OT)
* Blackhawks: 6-0-0 start is best in franchise history (won 1st 5 games in 1971-72)
* Nick Leddy (CHI): scored game winner in OT, 1st game-winning goal of career
* Corey Crawford (CHI): 29 saves, 1st game this season allowing fewer than 2 goals
* Red Wings: 3rd time this season scoring 1 or fewer goals
* FROM ELIAS: Nick Leddy is the first Blackhawks defenseman to score a regular-season overtime goal since Nov. 15, 2009, when Brent Seabrook scored in OT against San Jose.