Stars 3, Kings 2
* Stars: 5-0-2 in last seven games
* Tyler Seguin (DAL): 20th goal of season (4th PP), both team highs
* Kings: lost four straight games for first time since February 16-22, 2012
* Jeff Carter (LA): six points in last six games (4 goals, 2 assists)
FROM ELIAS: Erik Cole scored two goals in a game for the second time in five days to lead the Stars to a 3–2 win over the Kings. Cole, who also tallied two goals in Dallas’ win against Nashville on Friday, scored eight goals in 15 games in December, after recording a total of eight goals in 51 games over the previous four calendar months with regular-season NHL games (March, April, October and November).
Devils 2, Penguins 1
* Adam Henrique (NJ): Goal (9), assist; third straight game with a goal, first multi-point game of season
* Sidney Crosby (PIT): Assist; has points in 13 of last 14 games (9 goals, 14 assists during span)
* Devils: 5-1-2 in last eight games overall; 5-2-0 in last seven meetings with Penguins
* Penguins: only thirdrd loss in last 17 games (14-3-0)
FROM ELIAS: Adam Henrique and Michael Ryder each registered one goal and one assist as the Devils closed out 2013 with a 2–1 win over the Penguins. Henrique has scored a goal in each of New Jersey’s last three games, after recording only one goal in his previous 23 games. His three-game goal-scoring streak matches a career high, done three times before (twice as a rookie in 2011–12 and once last season). Henrique is only the second Devils player to score goals in each of three consecutive team games this season; Jaromir Jagr did so from November 16-21.
Rangers 2, Panthers 1 (F/SO)
* Rangers: 3-0-0 vs Panthers this season
* Rangers: 4-1 in past five games
* Dan Girardi (NYR): Goal (3); second goal in last nine games after one goal in first 32
* Panthers: one win in last five games
FROM ELIAS: Brad Boyes became the first player to reach double-figures in goals for the Panthers this season when he scored to give Florida a 1–0 lead in its New Year’s Eve game against the Rangers. Boyes scored his 10th goal in the Panthers’ 41st game, which is far longer than it took the first Florida player to hit that mark in any of the 19 other seasons in team history. There were only two other seasons in which no player had scored at least 10 goals for the Panthers before the 30-game mark: 2010–11 (when Stephen Weiss was first, in Game 33) and 1994–95 (Jesse Belanger, Game 32).
FROM ELIAS: Henrik Lundqvist ended his career-worst streak of eight consecutive games allowing three goals or more with a 2–1 shootout victory over Tim Thomas and the Florida Panthers. Lundqvist has won 14 of the 19 regular-season games he’s started against Thomas: 11 of 16 when Thomas played for the Bruins and three of three this season versus the Panthers.