Ducks 4, Predators 3
* Teemu Selanne (ANA): go-ahead PPG (5) with 1:08 left in second period.
* Ryan Getzlaf (ANA): Two goals (22), assist; sixth game with three or more points this season (four such games all of last season).
* Ducks: Fifth straight win; 18-2-2 in last 22 games
Kings 4, Bruins 2
* Justin Williams (LA): PPG (14) and assist (14) in 800th career game.
* Kings: Second win in last eight games.
* Bruins: Have lost two straight and four of their last six games.
Hurricanes 6, Maple Leafs 1
* Hurricanes: fifth straight win (previous four all by one goal); their longest win streak in the last four seasons.
* Jordan Staal (CAR): goal (10); career-high tying three assists.
* Jeff Skinner (CAR): goal (21); assist (11 points in his last five games).
* Maple Leafs: Have lost three straight games by a combined 18-5 margin.
Capitals 4, Lightning 3
* Eric Fehr (WSH): Two goals (8), including go-ahead goal with 52 seconds left in third period.
* Teams switched ends in the middle of each period due to ice issues at Tampa Bay Times Forum.
* Capitals: snap four-game winless streak; won last five meetings vs Lightning (2-0-0 this season).
From Elias: Fehr is only the second Washington player in the last nine seasons to score a tiebreaking goal in the final minute of the third period. The only other Capital to do that since 2005–06 was Alexander Semin on Nov. 6, 2008, against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Wild 4, Coyotes 1
From Elias: Minnesota rookie Justin Fontaine completed his first NHL hat trick. Fontaine, who turned 26 on November 6, is the oldest player to record a hat trick in his first season in the NHL since March 22, 2003, when Edmonton’s Fernando Pisani scored three goals in a game against the Capitals.
Devils 1, Stars 0
From Elias: Cory Schneider recorded the 12th shutout of his NHL career and his third shutout of the season. Five of Schneider's last nine shutouts have been 1–0 wins: three of his last six clean sheets for the Canucks and two of three this season for the Devils.