Penguins 3, Predators 1
* Matt Niskanen (PIT): First career multi-goal game; 471st game of career.
* Penguins: Win ends three-game winless streak.
* Penguins: Scored at least one power play goal in five of last six games.
FROM ELIAS: Chris Kunitz provided the insurance marker late in the third period which wrapped up the scoring in Pittsburgh’s 3–1 win at Nashville. It was the 200th career goal for Kunitz, who was not drafted by an NHL team. The only other undrafted active NHL player with 200 or more career goals is Martin St. Louis, who’s scored 369 goals since entering the league as undrafted free agent in 1998.
Avalanche 4, Blackhawks 2
* Avalanche: 3-1-0 vs Blackhawks this season.
* Avalanche: 4-1-0 in past five games (at least four goals in each).
* Semyon Varlamov (COL): Won three straight starts (34+ saves in each).
FROM ELIAS: Nathan MacKinnon extended his point streak to 12 games with an assist on the empty-net goal that wrapped up Colorado’s 4–2 win over the Blackhawks. At age 18 years, 184 days, he’s tied the NHL record for the longest single-season point streak by a player age 18 or younger, a mark set by Wayne Gretzky in 1979–80. MacKinnon’s assist was also his 50th NHL point. He’s the fifth-youngest player in league history to reach that mark, behind Bep Guidolin (18 years, 58 days), Ted Kennedy (18–97), Sidney Crosby (18–161) and Brian Bellows (18–182).