Sharks 5, Oilers 2
* Sharks: At least one point in 12 of last 13 games.
* Sharks: Four-point lead over Ducks in Pacific Division (SJ has played 3 more games than ANA).
Avalanche 5, Predators 4 (COL wins SO, 2-1)
* Gabriel Landeskog (COL): Two goals and game-winning shootout goal; 23 goals on season are career-high.
* Avalanche: Win ends 3-game losing streak (0-2-1).
Blackhawks 4, Stars 2
* Blackhawks: 1-2 on power play; 1-17 on power play previous four games.
* Patrick Sharp (CHI): Two assists; four goals, six assists in four games against Stars this season.
* Tyler Seguin (DAL): Assist; nine-game point streak (seven goals, 10 assists during streak).
* Ryan Garbutt (DAL): Two goals (13, 14); second multi-goal game of season and career (108th career game).
* Stars: Loss clinches playoff spot for Ducks (idle).
Canadiens 2, Sabres 0
* Canadiens: 4-0 vs Sabres this season (only three goals allowed).
* Canadiens: Won five straight versus Sabres; won three straight games overall.
* Max Pacioretty (MTL): 32nd goal of season, one shy of career high (33 in 2011-12).
* Carey Price: 24 saves, fifth shutout of season (second career 30-win season; 38 wins in 2010-11).
FROM ELIAS: Carey Price made 24 saves as he led the Canadiens to a 2–0 win against the Sabres in Montreal. It was Price’s fifth shutout of the season and his 20th clean sheet for the Canadiens over the last four seasons. (He had eight in 2010–11, three in 2011–12 and four in 2012–13.) Price is the first Montreal goaltender to register at least 20 shutouts over a four-season span since Ken Dryden did so over the final four seasons of his NHL career (28 from 1975–76 through 1978–79).
Blue Jackets 4, Red Wings 2
* Blue Jackets: Two power play goals; were 0-for-35 on power play in previous nine games.
* Ryan Johansen (CBJ): Two goals (29); sixth career multi-goal game (fourth this season).
* Red Wings: 4+ goals allowed in seven of past 12 games.
Kings 5, Capitals 4 (LA wins SO, 2-0)
* Alex Ovechkin (WSH): Two goals (48), assist; ninth multi-goal game this season (only second such game the Capitals have lost).
* Kings: 12-3-0 in past 15 games; won seven straight road games overall.
* Kings: Trailed 3-1 entering third period.
* Capitals: Second loss in past six games (both came in shootouts).
Blues 5, Maple Leafs 3
* David Backes (STL): Second career hat trick, first of season; fourth multi-goal game of season.
* Blues: 40-2-5 (.861 win pct) when scoring first; ranks second in NHL.
* Jonathan Bernier (TOR): 44 saves; third loss with at least 44 saves this season, tied for most in NHL.
* Maple Leafs: Lost six straight, allowing 21 goals during stretch; have scored three goals or less in each.
Coyotes 3, Penguins 2
* Coyotes: 2-0-0 versus Penguins this season.
* Coyotes: 8-3-1 in past 12 games.
* Sidney Crosby (PIT): Assist; three goals, four assists in past five games.
* Evgeni Malkin (PIT): DNP due to sprained foot.