Western Conference Second Round – Game 7
Kings at Ducks, 9 ET (Series tied, 3-3)
Looking for an omen in this game?
Look no further than "The Mighty Ducks" -- the movie that spawned the Anaheim Ducks franchise. Corey Perry plays for the Ducks. He is their best goal scorer and one of the league's best players. Adam Banks was the best player on The Mighty Ducks, their best goal scorer and also one of the best players in the league.
One might say Corey Perry Corey Perry is the Adam Banks of this team. celebrates his birthday on Friday, and the actor who plays Adam Banks -- Vincent Larusso -- also celebrates his birthday on Friday.
The final game of the second round of the 2014 Stanley Cup playoffs will take place on Friday night, as the Kings visit the Ducks in Game 7. This will be the 27th game of the second round, tying the record for most games played in the round since the playoff field expanded to eight teams in 1968. This is the fourth All-California Game 7 in NHL history, and the Kings have won the first three.
* If the Kings win, it will be the first time in Stanley Cup playoff history that a team won consecutive series in a single season despite losing three straight games in each of them
* Kings: 5-0 in games when facing elimination in 2014 playoffs (4-0 in first-round series vs San Jose and Game 6 of this series)
21-26 all-time in games when facing playoff elimination
* Kings: 5-4 all-time in Game 7s (won last 2); 3-3 on road in Game 7s (won Game 7 at San Jose in first round)
* Anze Kopitar (LA): leads postseason in assists (13) and points (17); has points in 5 of first 6 games in series (0 G, 7 A)
* Marian Gaborik (LA): leads all players in goals during 2014 playoffs with 8 – 1 shy of career-high for a single postseason (had 9 goals in 18 games in 2003 playoffs with MIN)
* Ducks: last remaining regular-season division winner in 2014 playoffs (won Pacific Division)
* Ducks: 2-3 all-time in Game 7s (lost last 2); 1-1 at home in Game 7s (beat Phoenix in 1997 conference quarterfinals, lost to Detroit in 2013 conference quarterfinals)
* Ducks: leads all teams in postseason in power-play goals (12); 8-25 (32.0 pct) on power play at home in 2014 playoffs
* Corey Perry: 29th birthday
* Ryan Getzlaf (ANA): tied for 2nd in playoff scoring with 14 points (4 G, 10 A); 7 pts (1 G, 6 A) in first 6 games of this series (0 pts in Game 6)