Blackhawks 3, Avalanche 2
* Blackhawks: extend NHL-record streak for games with a point to start season to 24 games (21-0-3)
* Blackhawks: have earned at least one point in last 30 regular season games dating back to last season (2nd-longest such streak in NHL history)
* Blackhawks: won 11 straight games (extends franchise record)
* Dan Carcillo (CHI): scores go-ahead goal with 50 seconds left in regulation (1st goal of season)
Most Consecutive Games with a Point, NHL History
1979-80 Flyers 35
2011-13 Blackhawks 30<<
1977-78 Canadiens 28
Most Wins after Trailing, This Season
Maple Leafs 8
>>Includes 3-2 win Wednesday vs Avalanche
FROM ELIAS SPORTS BUREAU: The Blackhawks extended their winning streak to 11 games with a 3–2 victory against the Avalanche. Eight of the Blackhawks’ wins during their streak have been by a one-goal margin (including two in overtime and two via shootouts), one was by two goals and two by three goals. Chicago is the second team in NHL history to win 11 consecutive games in one season with none of the wins by more than three goals. The other team with an 11-game streak of that kind was the San Jose Sharks in 2007–08 (Feb. 21–March 14).
FROM ELIAS SPORTS BUREAU: Ray Emery set one NHL record and one Blackhawks team record with his win over Colorado. He’s the first goaltender in NHL history to win his first ten decisions in one season and the first netminder in Chicago franchise history to record ten consecutive wins at any point in a season. Glenn Hall’s streak of nine straight wins in 1966–67 had been the Blackhawks record until Emery bested it on Wednesday night.
Flames 4, Sharks 1
* Jarome Iginla (CGY): Goal (7), assist; 6 goals in past 5 games
* Flames: have won 4 straight home games
* Flames: 2nd win in past 7 games (2-3-2)
* Sharks: 2-6-1 in past 9 road games
FROM ELIAS SPORTS BUREAU: Miikka Kiprusoff recorded his 16th win against his former team, the Sharks, in Calgary’s win on Wednesday. The only active goaltender with as many wins against a former team is Jean-Sebastien Giguere, with 17 against Calgary.
Maple Leafs 5, Senators 4
* Maple Leafs: 4-1 in last 5 home games (16/17 on penalty kills)
* James Reimer (TOR): 6-1-1 in his career vs Senators
* Senators: 1-7-2 in last 10 road games
FROM ELIAS SPORTS BUREAU: Phil Kessel matched his season high for points in one game when he scored one goal and assisted on two others in the Maple Leafs’ 5–4 win over the Senators. Kessel has scored 21 goals in 40 games against Ottawa in his seven seasons in the NHL. That’s the most goals that any player has scored versus the Senators over that span. Nineteen of Kessel’s goals against Ottawa have come in the last five seasons (25 games).
Ducks 2, Coyotes 0
* Ryan Getzlaf (ANA): goal, assist (13 points in last 7 games)
* Jonas Hiller (ANA): 1st shutout this season (allowed 4 goals in previous game, also vs Coyotes)
* Ducks: won 3 straight home games vs Coyotes (outscored Coyotes 12-3)
* Ducks: won 9 straight home games