Hey, state of Oregon. You guys got a game going on this week or what?
No changes from last week.
1. Oregon: The Ducks will host perhaps the biggest game in Autzen Stadium history on Thursday (ESPN, 9 p.m. EST). And it's the Civil War, making it even bigger. The Rose Bowl hangs in the balance when Oregon State comes to town. Buckle up.
2. Oregon State: It's simple Beavers: Beat the Ducks, and you go to your first Rose Bowl since 1965. Lose, and you might fall all the way to the Las Vegas Bowl.
3. California: Will the Bears maintain their late-season momentum at Washington on Saturday? A sixth win in seven games could mean a Holiday Bowl berth.
4. Stanford: The gutty win over Notre Dame may have won running back Toby Gerhart the Heisman Trophy. And, if things fall a certain way, it's possible the Cardinal could play in the Holiday or Sun bowls.
5. USC: If USC, 1. Beats Arizona; 2. Beats a solid Big 12 team in the Holiday Bowl, thereby finishing 10-3 and probably ranked near the top-10, is that really such a bad season under the circumstances?
6. Arizona: That win over rival Arizona State was big. It ensures a winning record for a second consecutive year. It also should help the Wildcats play loose at USC on Saturday, where they could substantially boost their bowl position.
7. UCLA: Bruins are two games better than 2008 and may earn a bowl berth. But they need to show improvement in 2010 -- particularly on offense -- or the natives might start getting restless.
8. Arizona State: A second consecutive losing season -- not to mention a second consecutive loss to Arizona -- has folks hot-and-bothered in Tempe.
9. Washington: The Huskies went 0-12 last year. Now they are 4-7 under first-year coach Steve Sarkisian. Can they finish with a big upset vs. California on Saturday? That certainly would provide momentum heading into the off-season.
10. Washington State: Good news Cougars! The season is over.