If you don't like where you are in the power rankings, play better.
1. Oregon: The story this week will be everybody picking the Ducks to fall at USC.
2. Arizona: Matt Scott and the Wildcats were very impressive while pounding Washington. But don't overlook the visit to UCLA on Saturday while eyeballing a key showdown at Stanford on Nov.6
3. Stanford: The Cardinal allowed Washington State to score 21 in the fourth quarter, which isn't good. But you can get away with that when you lead by 24.
4. USC: Not unreasonable to call Oregon's visit on Saturday the Trojans' bowl game. Have no doubt USC will show up fully focused, motivated and ready to play.
5. California: I've got an idea: Jeff Tedford should hire a hypnotist who can fool the Bears into thinking they are playing Oregon State at home on Saturday.
6. Oregon State: Good thing the Beavers had a bye week in which to prepare for Cal. A game with the Bears is like getting ready for two different teams.
7. Arizona State: Quarterback Steven Threet was knocked out with a concussion at Cal, and the Sun Devils bowl hopes might have been quashed, too.
8. Washington: The Huskies are good every other week, so Stanford should know it will get a legit challenge in Husky Stadium on Saturday. But, Huskies, the Wildcats really pushed you around.
9. UCLA: The Bruins were briefly considered for another slot. See below.
10. Washington State: The Cougars were this-close to climbing up a notch. To get an early jump on things, Arizona State is on upset alert. The Cougs, who just lost to Stanford, certainly would have beaten the Sun Devils that stunk it up in Berkeley over the weekend.