There are a lot of Wednesday Morning Quarterbacks commenting on the Miami Dolphins being a bad choice as the just-announced new team for HBO's annual "Hard Knocks" reality TV show.
NFL purists say there are no stars on the team, so there won't be much of anything interesting to watch. This came after the New York Jets and the Atlanta Falcons turned HBO down.
New Dolphins coach Joe Philbin told the media, "It's a chance to show the new direction and identity of this football team, where we're headed, and at the same time connect with our past, the great tradition and heritage we have here in Miami."
Have no fear: There are a lot of real reasons the Dolphins make a sound choice.
1. Running back Reggie Bush has always loved being in front of a camera. He loves the glitz and glamour and will one day be a TV host. He makes visits often to "Live! With Kelly."
2. The Miami Dolphins have some powerful ownership. Stephen Ross is the majority owner. Wayne Huizenga owns about 5 percent and then there is the bevy of celebrity owners: Gloria Estefan, Emilio Estefan, Jennifer Lopez, Fergie, Marc Anthony, Jimmy Buffett, Venus Williams and Serena Williams.
3. It's the 40th anniverasry of the undefeated season in 1972, so don't be surprised if you see some greats of the bygone eras. Could legendary coach Don Shula make an appearance? What about Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino, who was there for the titleless years but still is a major icon in South Florida?
4. Who could forget the 1994 movie "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" with Jim Carrey and Courteney Cox? Ventura spent the movie trying to find the mascot "Snowflake." It's always beautiful weather in Miami, so expect lots of scenery shots.
5. And the most obvious reason is the wife of rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Lauren Tannehill is an aspiring model and the couple has been married since January.