Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego talks with San Diego Chargers receiver Malcom Floyd about his ongoing recovery from a serious neck injury that cut short his 2013 season.
Floyd suffered the injury in a Sept. 15 game at Philadelphia, getting sandwiched between two defenders while attempting to make a catch over the middle of the field.
According to Gehlken, Floyd still has to wear a neck brace to bed at night. Floyd has been told by doctors that the injury is potentially career ending. However, Floyd says the injury is steadily improving, and he hopes he can return to action in 2014.
At 32 years old, Floyd would be a bonus for the Chargers to get back on the field, particularly with the development of Keenan Allen. But neck injuries are risky propositions to come back from, particularly this late in someone’s career.
• Chargers defensive lineman Corey Liuget was mic’d up for last week’s AFC divisional round contest at Denver. Check out the video.
• Charles Davis of NFL.com gives the Chargers Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro in his first mock draft.
• Former NFL scout Gil Brandt places Keenan Allen and D.J. Fluker on his all-rookie team.
• Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com has South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney at the top of his big board.
• Dane Brugler of NFLDraftScout.com offers his top 10 prospects to watch in this weekend’s East-West Shrine game.