Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Selecting the best recruiters in the SEC is like selecting your favorite golf holes at Augusta National.
There are so many. How do you choose?
After talking to coaches around the league, recruiting analysts, recruiting buffs and doing our own research on who's recruited who over the years, we've come up with a Top 25 list.
Keep in mind that these are assistants only. Head coaches are not included in this list, although Alabama's Nick Saban and Florida's Urban Meyer would be the top two if we did include head coaches.
The most underrated recruiter as a head coach in the SEC has to be LSU's Les Miles. The Tigers are well on their way to the No. 1 recruiting class in the country this year.
And in each of the past three years, LSU has finished 11th or higher nationally in the rankings compiled by ESPN's Scouts Inc. The only other SEC school that can claim that distinction is Florida.
We'll start the countdown with Nos. 11-25. Check back Wednesday morning, and we'll unveil Nos. 1-10 of the best recruiters in the SEC:
25. Jon Fabris, Georgia defensive ends coach
24. Shane Beamer, South Carolina recruiting coordinator, special teams coordinator and safeties coach
23. Curtis Luper, Auburn running backs coach
22. Charlie Fisher, Vanderbilt passing game co-coordinator and receivers coach
21. Paul Petrino, Arkansas offensive coordinator and receivers coach
20. Chris Vaughn, Ole Miss recruiting coordinator and running backs coach
19. Mike Bobo, Georgia offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach
18. Robbie Caldwell, Vanderbilt assistant head coach and offensive line coach
17. Kirby Smart, Alabama defensive coordinator and secondary coach
16. Eddie Gran, Tennessee special teams coordinator and running backs coach
15. Tony Hughes, Mississippi State defensive assistant
14. Frank Wilson, Tennessee receivers coach
13. Billy Gonzales, Florida recruiting coordinator and receivers coach
12. D.J. McCarthy, LSU receivers coach
11. Lorenzo Ward, South Carolina defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach