Jon Solomon of The Birmingham News has a story on the average television rating for bowl games being up 8 percent this year.
Not surprisingly, the Citi BCS National Championship Game between Alabama and Texas drew the largest rating, a 17.2.
Five bowl games the SEC played in were in the Top 10. The Allstate Sugar Bowl (Florida) was No. 3 overall and drew an 8.5 rating. The Capital One Bowl (LSU) was tied for No. 5 overall and drew a 6.8 rating. The AT&T Cotton Bowl (Ole Miss) was No. 9 overall and drew a 4.5 rating, while the Chick-fil-A Bowl (Tennessee) was No. 10 overall and drew a 4.2 rating.
Rounding out the SEC bowls were:
14. AutoZone Liberty Bowl (Arkansas) -- 3.8 rating
16. Outback Bowl (Auburn) -- 3.5 rating
25. AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl (Georgia) -- 2.0 rating
27. (tie) Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl (Kentucky) -- 1.7 rating
29. (tie) Papajohns.com Bowl (South Carolina) -- 1.6 rating