Clearly jealous of Dwight Freeney, Kobe Bryant blamed a bad ankle for his 2 of 12 shooting performance and season-low 5 points last night against the Bobcats.
Depending on his performance or non-performance in Super Bowl XLIV Freeney could crack my list of Top 5 notable/laughable sports ankle injuries:
5. Keri Strug '96 Olympics...the golden vault in Atlanta.
4. David Beckham puts in 13 minutes as a sub in his MLS debut for the LA Galaxy.
3. War Admiral, 1937 Triple Crown winner, loser to Seabiscuit, retired after wrenching his ankle in 1939.
2. The Mariner Moose roller blades into the outfield wall and infamy. Ouch!
1. Curt Schilling Game 6, 2004 ALCS. Game 2, 2004 World Series...a pair of bloody socks.