Justin Blackmon can't control his excitement for this quiz!
Big day today. Three big games, otherwise known as the Military Bowl (East Carolina vs. Maryland at 2:30 ET on ESPN), the Texas Bowl (Illinois vs. Baylor at 6 ET on ESPN) and the Valero Alamo Bowl (Oklahoma State vs. Arizona at 9:15 ET on ESPN). So how much do you know about each of today’s big games? Find out by taking our Which Bowl Is Which quiz.
1. In which of today’s bowls will we see a reigning conference Coach of the Year coach his final game at his current school?
2. In which of today’s bowls will we see an offense that ranks third in the nation in red zone scoring?
3. In which of today’s bowls will we see a team that notched 10 wins overall for the first time since Barry Sanders won the Heisman for the school back in 1988?
4. In which of today’s bowls will we see a team making its first bowl appearance since playing in the 1994 Alamo Bowl?
5. In which of today’s bowls will we see the only team in the nation with a quarterback, running back and wide receiver in the top 10 of mainstream stat categories?
Answers after the jump!
1. Military Bowl (Reigning ACC Coach of the Year Ralph Friedgen’s contract was bought out by Maryland this year)
2. Texas Bowl (Illinois ranks third, picking up points on 45 of its 48 trips inside the 20 this season – that’s 94 percent)
3. Alamo Bowl (Oklahoma State notched 10 regular season wins for the first time in program history and got 10 wins overall for the first time since 1988)
4. Texas Bowl (Baylor hasn’t been in a bowl since 1994 and hasn’t WON a bowl game since 1992. With its bowl appearance this year, Duke is now in sole possession of the longest active bowl drought among AQ conference teams)
5. Alamo Bowl (Oklahoma State’s WR Justin Blackmon ranks first in the nation in receiving, QB Brandon Weeden ranks second in the nation in total offense and RB Kendall Hunter ranks seventh in the nation in rushing)