Everyone expected Friday’s big game between the Indiana Pacers and Portland Trail Blazers to come down to All-Stars Paul George and Damian Lillard. But in the end, another George was the key to the Pacers' overtime win.
HillHere are five stats you need to know about George Hill:
• He set a career high with 37 points on Friday. And he picked a great time to break his previous record of 30. His game-tying 3-pointer with 8.3 seconds left in regulation gave him 32 points through four quarters.
• To go along with his 37 points, Hill had nine rebounds and eight assists in the game. He is the first Pacers player to hit those marks in a game since Jalen Rose in March 2001.
• It didn’t matter whether the Blazers guarded him with a big or a guard. Hill scored 15 points on 6-for-8 shooting when he was guarded by 6-foot-3 Lillard. He didn’t shoot as well against 6-foot-11 LaMarcus Aldridge, but he did draw three fouls and score 10 points.
George Hill - Most Points In Paint
• Hill had a career night in the paint, making six of nine shots. That resulted in a career-high 12 points in the paint. He has reached double figures in paint points four times in his career, and two of those games were against Portland.
• Hill was much more aggressive in this game, tying career highs with 11 made free throws on 12 attempts. In his previous seven games, he had attempted only 11 free throws and had four games in which he didn’t go to the line.