Joakim Noah's fifth career triple-double helped the Bulls beat the Knicks.Joakim Noah recorded his fifth career triple-double, leading Los Bulls to a 109-90 win over Nueva York on Sunday. Michael Jordan (28) and Scottie Pippen (15) are the only players in Bulls history with more triple-doubles than Noah.
Centers With 14+ Ast In A Game
Past 40 Years
Some quick-hitters on Noah the assister:
• He had 10 assists in the first half, the first time he’s ever had double-digit assists in a single half, on the way to a career-high 14. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, that’s the most assists by a center since Sam Lacey had 14 for the Kansas City Kings on December 6, 1978.
• Noah leads the Bulls this season with 269 assists. Elias tells us the last center to lead his team in total assists in a season was David Robinson (381 in 1993-94).
• He’s averaging 4.7 assists per game this season, which would be the most by a center since Brad Miller averaged 4.7 a game for the Kings in the 2005-06 season.
• For Noah, it's his fourth double-digit assist game in his past 11 games. He had 3 such games in his first 442 career games. And it’s his second triple-double in his past 9 games, after posting just three in his first 444 career games.
• He’s just the second player this season to have at least a dozen points, rebounds and assists in a game, joining Stephen Curry.
Knicks are struggling
Allowed a Triple-Double
Consecutive Games in Knicks History
The Knicks have allowed triple-doubles in consecutive games, after Curry had one against them on Friday.
According to Elias, it's the fourth time ever the Knicks have allowed triple-doubles in consecutive games and the first time since 1965-66 when Wilt Chamberlain had a pair of them in back-to-back games.
The Bulls committed just three turnovers, a franchise record and the fewest by any team in a game this season.
They improve to 21-8 since January 1, the second-best record in the NBA in that span, and they’re tied with the Toronto Raptors, who currently hold the third seed in the Eastern Conference.
The Knicks have lost six straight and 12 of their past 14 games, allowing nearly 115 points per game during the losing streak.
The Knicks attempted fewer shots in the paint against the Bulls than in any game this season. They were 10-for-19, which also tied the fewest made shots in the paint this season.
Of their 79 field goal attempts Sunday, 42 of them were pull-up jumpers with an average shot distance of 18.4 feet from the basket. Overall, the Knicks' average shot distance was 16.5 feet, which is almost three feet farther away than their season average.