What 2 Watch 4 in college football Thursday night:
7 Nebraska at Kansas State, 7:30 ET on ESPN
• One of two undefeated matchups this week in FBS (Michigan St-Michigan the other)
• FBS has 18 remaining undefeated teams and the Big 12 has five of them
• Nebraska looking for first 5-0 start since 2003, Kansas St looking for first 5-0 start since 2000
• Nebraska has won last five meetings and won last four meetings by 14 or more points
• Kansas State last win vs AP top-10 team: 2007 at 7 Texas (Colt McCoy four Int)
Historically, 5-0 starts usually mean really successful seasons for Nebraska. Since 1990, the Huskers have started 5-0 11 times. Five of those times, they went on to win the conference. Over that span, they have also played for the national championship five times, winning the national title three times.
Kansas State's offense will have their hands full with Nebraska's defense Thursday. The vaunted Blackshirts lead the nation in two categories: lowest percentage of opponents' plays going for 10 or more yards (12.2 pct) and highest interception percentage (9.2 pct). Texas (13.2 pct) and Florida (7.5 pct) are second, respectively.