The Bolts are 2-4, including back-to-back losses to the Oakland Raiders and St. Louis Rams. Since 2000, the Patriots have traveled to San Diego twice in the regular season under head coach Bill Belichick and both times the Patriots came out on the short end of the scoreboard.
Started 1-4 Since 1990
And Made Playoffs
Of the 17 teams Belichick has faced at least twice on the road in the regular season as Patriots head coach, the Chargers are the only team he has yet to beat.
Despite a record of 2-4, the Chargers have outscored their opponents by 31 points. Conversely, the 2-4 Raiders have been outscored by 31 points this season. The only other team with a losing record that has outscored its opponents this season is the 1-5 Detroit Lions, who have outscored their opponents 146-140.
• The New York Giants will play their first division game Monday against the 1-4 Dallas Cowboys. Each of the Cowboys four losses have been by seven points or fewer. More important is the fact that, under the current playoff format only five teams have made the postseason after a 1-4 start.
• The Miami Dolphins host the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 7. The Dolphins are the only team that is perfect on the road (3-0) and winless at home (0-2). Miami has allowed a total of 40 points on the road and 72 points at home.
• The Steelers have allowed an NFL-low just 60 points this season. Yet almost half those points (28) have come within the final two minutes of each half.
• All three of the Green Bay Packers losses this season have been by exactly three points. In fact, the Packers have lost seven straight games that were decided by exactly three points.
Rodgers• Since becoming the Packers starter in 2008, no quarterback in the NFL has more rushing touchdowns than Aaron Rodgers’ 12. Only Ryan Grant (15) has more rushing touchdowns for the Packers in that span than Rodgers.
• Speaking of quarterbacks who played collegiately at Cal, Kyle Boller might be tabbed by Raiders head coach Tom Cable to start Sunday against the Denver Broncos. Boller has lost each of his last 10 starts, the longest active streak in the NFL. His last win came in 2007 when he was with the Baltimore Ravens