Today's links were assembled without any glue or other fixatives ...
* I don't have any doubts about the 2010 Hardball Times Annual being the best yet, and the closest thing to a modern Baseball Abstract as we're likely to see next spring.
* I'm pretty sure Joe Posnanski wins the prize for Biggest and Earliest Post About the 2010 Hall of Fame Ballot.
* Would it really be nuts to turn Tommy Hanson into a closer? Yeah, it would be.
* When Randy Wolf comes in at No. 5 on the list of free agents, you know it's not going to be a particularly exciting winter. But as Crashburn Alley points out, if you're looking for a third baseman, Chone Figgins is your man.
* Bob Dutton says the Royals need a new catcher, and that they might be hot for 28-year-old A.J. Ellis. Let's see ... Catcher? Check. Career .278 on-base percentage in the minors? Check! He'll fit in perfectly on this squad.
* Before we jump completely into the Hot Stove League, there's still time for one last World series wrap, and I heartily endorse Allen Barra's.
* Oh, and one more thing ... Pitching and defense wins championships, right? As James Kannengieser notes, Ha!
* Today's lesson, courtest of MGL, is about probability illusions.