We’ve got one game down in the World Series, and who knows how many more to go? So it was that Keith Law and I gathered for Thursday’s Baseball Today podcast to break down what we saw and project ahead.
1. Score Game 1 for Cardinals manager Tony La Russa. Sure, Chris Carpenter and Allen Craig were valuable, but La Russa continues to make his mark.
2. Meanwhile, Rangers manager Ron Washington intentionally walked one of the worst hitters in the big leagues and sent a guy who hadn’t batted in nearly a month up to pinch-hit in a critical spot.
3. The non-call on the apparent Adrian Beltre foul ball in the ninth inning was a shame, but would instant replay really have mattered there?
4. We discuss the news of the day involving general managers, from Theo Epstein to candidates in other places like Kim Ng, Jerry DiPota and Tony LaCava.
5. Plus, another team wants John Lackey, what Japanese baseball does with their playoffs and we preview Game 2 of the World Series!
So download and listen to Thursday’s Baseball Today podcast, and we’ll be back with you on Friday!