Scott Lauber ESPN Staff Writer 

Dave Dombrowski says Red Sox took calls today on all starting pitchers beyond the three aces, but no urgency to make a trade. Dombrowski says he's OK with four lefties in rotation. "They're four good lefties."


Bird did it all during his career

Larry Bird, who is celebrating his 60th birthday, was a well-rounded player during his illustrious career. He's fifth in NBA history in regular-season triple-doubles, behind Oscar Robertson (181), Magic Johnson (138), Jason Kidd (107) and Wilt Chamberlain (78).

Scott Lauber ESPN Staff Writer 

Red Sox will trade a starting pitcher, but it could take a while. The longer they hold off, the more likely a pitching-strapped team might be to give up something of value, either in prospects or big-league talent.

Scott Lauber ESPN Staff Writer 

Asked about Yoan Moncada, White Sox manager Rick Rentería drew a familiar comparison: "The first clip I saw of him, he reminded me a little bit from his setup and everything of (Robinson) Cano." Red Sox evaluators often likened Moncada to Cano. "I know that, at 21 years of age, he still has a long way to go in terms of what he's ultimately going to be," Rentería added. "I think he's a very talented human being who we hope is going to be an impact-type player."

Stats & Info

Chris Sale trade no fun for Yankees

Sale will now have more opportunities to face a team that he has dominated at a historical rate throughout his career.

Happy Birthday Larry Bird! (0:44)

Chris Haynes 

Steve Kerr answered numerous questions about Klay Thompson and ended it by saying, "and we're not trading Klay to Boston."

ESPN Stats & Info

Pats' chances at top seed swing on TNF

Think the Patriots will be tuned in Thursday night? Football Outsiders gives New England a 67 percent chance of getting the top seed in the AFC if the Chiefs win, but only 33 percent if the Raiders win. Playoff Odds (Insider)

Stats & Info

Sale stands out among fellow stars

Of all the players taken in the 2010 draft class, Chris Sale has the highest career WAR, well ahead of No. 1 overall pick Bryce Harper.

Brady throws the ball at Wednesday's practice (0:15)

Mike Reiss ESPN Staff Writer 

Patriots QB Tom Brady's injured knee is making progress as he is present at a Wednesday practice for the first time in weeks.

Is Brady's matchup a concern in Week 14? (1:13)
Patrick Smith/Getty Images

Ravens over Pats? Believe it

The Ravens have an institutional memory of winning at Gillette Stadium under John Harbaugh. Several of our Insiders expect Baltimore to steal one at New England on Monday night. Insider roundtable

Stats & Info

Red Sox's odds soar with trade for Sale

Adding Chris Sale to an already formidable rotation boosted the Red Sox's odds to win the 2017 World Series to 5-1, according to the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.

Stats & Info

Three-headed monster in Boston

With Chris Sale now in the fold, the Red Sox have the 2016 MLB leaders in wins, strikeout/walk rate, innings, batters faced and complete games atop their rotation.

Chris Forsberg ESPN Staff Writer 

Boston Celtics guard Marcus Smart received a flop warning from the NBA for his exaggerated dive at the end of Monday's 107-106 loss to the Houston Rockets. As Al Horford's last-second layup attempt rolled off the rim, Smart embellished contact chasing a rebound in hopes of a whistle. Smart is only the fourth player to receive a warning this year.