Dozens of reporters continued to camp out in front of Hernandez's North Attleborough home, but police and the Bristol County District Attorney's office have said little about the circumstances surrounding the shooting death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, whose body was discovered a mile from Hernandez's home. Lloyd's death has been ruled a homicide.
ABC News on Friday reported that authorities were expected to execute an arrest warrant at some point for Hernandez for obstruction of justice, but that has yet to occur.
State police officers and dogs searched Hernandez's home for more than 3½ hours Saturday.
Michael Fee, an attorney for Hernandez, released a statement Monday night that read:
"Over the past week, our client, Aaron Hernandez, has been the subject of a relentless flood of rumors, misinformation, and false reports in the media. These include the repeated publication of a supposedly confirmed report that an arrest warrant had been issued for Aaron, a report that was exposed as untrue.
"None of these false reports come from official sources and we appreciate the professionalism and restraint shown by the Bristol County District Attorney's Office to date with regard to its public statements while its investigation is underway. Out of respect for that ongoing investigation, we will continue to refrain from commenting on its substance."
The arrest warrant was prepared last week after police discovered that the security system at Hernandez's home, along with his cellphone, were destroyed, sources told ABC News.
Surveillance video from the neighborhood shows Hernandez with Lloyd and two other people hours before Lloyd was killed last week, sources confirmed to ABC News late Thursday.