Bruins moving on from Seguin benching

BOSTON -- Bruins forward and leading scorer Tyler Seguin stood in front of his dressing room stall after morning skate Thursday to address the media, but with one condition, and that was he would not answer any questions regarding his benching Tuesday night for missing a team breakfast and meeting that morning. Every time a reporter tried to ask a question regarding the benching, he or she was immediately shot down by team Bruins Director of Communications, Matt Chmura. Then, after a couple of questions surrounding tonight's game with the Florida Panthers, the availability was over and Seguin exited the room.

That was generally the response from most Bruins players Thursday morning as the team did its best to move on from the situation.

"All I know is this is old news; this is two days old," Bruins head coach Claude Julien said of the Seguin benching. "And for us, we've really turned the page on that and it's not even an issue today. Old news is old news and we've moved on. I don't even know that I want to go back to that. He's fine and I'm fine. He's in the lineup tonight and he's going to be playing. Unfortunately you guys (the media) are trying to make a bigger story out of this than it is. He's missed a game, he's paid his dues and it's a 19 year-old that is fine with us, he's a good professional and that's it. Page turned and we move on."

Seguin's roommate Jordan Caron did however give his take on what happened Tuesday morning.

"It's an accident and I got up pretty early and didn't want to wake him up," Caron said. "I went to breakfast and then the meeting started. We tried to call him a few times and it's an accident. I don't think it's anybody's fault and it happens."

Caron said that he didn't go up to their hotel room to wake Seguin because by the time he thought of that, the meeting was starting. Caron also confirmed that Seguin was in the room when he woke up.

"He wasn't out or anything," Caron said confirming Seguin was there when he woke up Tuesday. "We got in pretty late [from Pittsburgh where they played the day before] and went to bed at the same time. I woke up the next morning and I went to get breakfast and didn't want to wake him up. It was an accident. He's not someone who oversleeps a lot and like I said it was an accident."

James Murphy covers the Bruins for ESPNBoston.com.