Below is our statewide MIAA boys' soccer Top 20 poll, as selected by our panel of staff writers and correspondents (updated on 10/14/2015):
1. Brockton (10-0-2) - The Boxers remain at No. 1 after Hironildo Correia notched a hat trick to lead Brockton to an 8-0 rout of Madison Park last Thursday. Brockton faces Feehan, Durfee, and Norwell this week.
2. Needham (8-1-3) - The Rockets were held to a scoreless draw on Saturday against Newton South, following the unveiling of a new scoreboard honoring legendary coach Don Brock.
3. Lincoln-Sudbury (8-1-1) - Wayland came into the L-S game with confidence after beating Concord-Carlisle but it was L-S that walked away with a 2-1 win and the lead in the DCL ahead of a rematch with C-C on Oct. 20.
4. Framingham (6-1-4) - Matheus Moreira scored a pair of goals to lead the Flyers to a convincing 5-0 win against Norwood and set up a huge rematch with No. 2 Needham on Tuesday afternoon.
5. Concord-Carlisle (9-2-0) - The Patriots were beaten for the second time this season, this time by DCL rival Wayland. C-C will face a tough matchup with Acton-Boxboro on Tuesday.
6. Nauset (9-0-0) - The Warriors remained undefeated on the season with a 7-0 victory over Falmouth and then another big win against D-Y putting Nauset on track for another ACL title.
7. Belchertown (10-0-3) - Two more games and two more wins for the Orioles this week. Belchertown remains the top Div. 3 in the rankings and top team from the West. Southwick and Cathedral are up next.
8. St. John's Shrewsbury (12-1-0) - Another two wins for the Pioneers, who continued their great start to the season. A huge challenge awaits on Tuesday with the visit of unbeaten Worcester South.
9. Medford (8-1-3) - The Mustangs finally allowed a goal and eventually fell to East Boston 2-1 and gave up a late score to settle for a 1-1 draw with Ludlow on Monday. Medford faces Malden on Wednesday.
10. Oliver Ames (9-0-0) - The Tigers are a perfect 9-0 to start the season and through nine games have only allowed one goal. That defensive record will be tested on Thursday against high-scoring Foxboro.
11. Braintree (10-1-1) - The Wamps beat Archies 5-0 last time out and will take on Brookline and Natick (twice) this week before getting the long awaited rematches with Needham and Framingham.
12. Silver Lake (7-1-2) - The Lakers were beaten by Hingham on Saturday, which was the first of the season for Silver Lake and made things a lot tighter in the Patriot League. A tough matchup with Weymouth is coming on Saturday.
13. Algonquin (6-1-3) - The Tomahawks were held to a 1-1 draw with Sutton last week to extend their unbeaten run to eight games. Algonquin will face Groton-Dunstable, Nipmuc and Shepherd Hill in the next three days.
14. Ludlow (7-3-2) - Evan Jurowski scored a brace to lead the Lions to a 2-1 win against previously unbeaten Pittsfield and Tiago Dias scored a late goal to tie Medford on Monday.
15. BC High (6-4-1) - The Eagles beat Xaverian and CM to stay on top in the Catholic Conference ahead of their second meeting with St. John's Prep on Wednesday.
16. North Andover (9-1-1) - Stephen Stabile scored a first half goal and it turned out to be enough for a 1-0 win against Central Catholic to extend North Andover's unbeaten streak to 10 games.
17. Groton-Dunstable (7-1-3) - The Crusaders are looking like one of the best teams in the Central and have the chance to prove it on Tuesday against No. 13 Algonquin.
18. Norwell (9-2-1) - The Clippers followed up a tough loss to No. 1 Brockton by beating Randolph and tying Duxbury. Norwell will get a rematch with the Boxers on Saturday.
19. St. John's Prep (5-3-4) - Prep beat its crosstown rival Danvers on Monday, handing the Falcons their first loss of the season. The conference showdown with BC High is on Wednesday.
20. Wayland (8-2-1) - The defending D3 champ, Wayland beat No. 5 Concord-Carlisle this week before losing to No. 3 Lincoln-Sudbury. The Warriors will look to avenge their other loss when they travel to Boston Latin on Tuesday.
Last 10 Out: Agawam (8-1-3), Brookline (5-2-3), Dartmouth (7-2-2), Duxbury (7-2-2), East Boston (8-1-0), Foxborough (8-1-0), Masconomet (8-3-2), Norton (10-1-1), Pembroke (6-2-2), Worcester South (9-0-3).