Below is our statewide MIAA girls' soccer Top 20, as selected by our panel of staff writers and correspondents (updated 10/7/15):
1. Whitman-Hanson (7-0-0) - The Panthers swept the season series with Patriot League rival Duxbury after a 4-1 win on Tuesday. Whitman-Hanson gets Pembroke and Silver Lake in the next week.
2. Central Catholic (7-0-0) - The Raiders improved to a perfect 6-0 (and still have yet to give up a goal) after beating a tough Billerica team and No. 4 Concord-Carlisle. North Andover and Newburyport are up next.
3. Franklin (8-0-1) - The Panthers are another team that has yet to allow a goal this season after 5-0 wins over Dartmouth and Milford. Franklin will have a tough game with Canton on Friday.
4. Bishop Feehan (7-0-0) - Bailey Conti scored a pair of goals and Feehan continued its perfect start with a 5-0 win over Somerset-Berkeley. The Shamrocks will play three games in three days this week.
5. Concord-Carlisle (8-1-0) - An impressive eight-game win streak came to an end over the weekend against No. 2 Central Catholic, but the Patriots don't drop far ahead of next week's showdown with A-B.
6. Wilmington (10-0-0) - The Wildcats sent a message that they will be one of the favorites for the Div. 2 state title after a 2-0 win against Arlington. Wilmington has a league battle on Wednesday against rival Winchester.
7. Algonquin (10-0-0) - Alex Madamda scored the game-winner for the Tomahawks in a 2-1 victory over Wachusett that put Algonquin atop the Midland. The Tomahawks followed it with wins over Marlboro and Sutton.
8. Peabody (9-0-0) - The Tanners move into the top 10 in the rankings for the first time since 2013. Jillian Arigo and Emily Nelson scored goals on Monday to beat Saugus and qualify Peabody for the tournament.
9. Lincoln-Sudbury (8-2-0) - The Warriors will drop a couple of spots after a 2-0 loss to DCL rival Acton-Boxboro over the weekend. L-S bounced back to beat Andover by the same score in its last game.
10. Oliver Ames (6-1-2) - The Tigers were held to a scoreless draw by Mansfield last week, their second scoreless draw against the Kelley-Rex this season. OA should be able to pick up a few more wins in the coming week.
11. Needham (8-0-2) - The Rockets stayed unbeaten with draws against Winchester over the weekend and Brookline on Tuesday afternoon. Needham will face Milton on Thursday.
12. Wachusett (8-2-0) - The Mountaineers fell to Algonquin last week and then bounced back to beat Westboro. Wachusett faces North Middlesex and Nashoba this week.
13. Acton-Boxborough (6-2-1) - The Colonials had a five-game win streak ended by a 1-1 draw against Nashoba. A-B picked up a huge DCL win against L-S with a showdown against No. 5 Concord-Carlisle next Tuesday.
14. Medway (8-1-1) - The Mustangs extended their unbeaten run to nine games since an opening day loss to Holliston, which Medway avenged on Tuesday with a 4-1 victory. Medway faces Norton and Westwood this week.
15. Scituate (7-1-2) - The Sailors were held to a scoreless draw against Norwell last week and then were beaten for the first time this season, 1-0 by Pembroke on Tuesday night.
16. Arlington (6-2-1) - The Spy Ponders had a week to forget with back-to-back defeats to Div. 2 rivals Winchester and Wilmington and drop out of the top 10. This could be a wake-up call for last year's D2 finalist.
17. Mansfield (7-1-1) - The Hornets have run through the Hockomock with only a loss to No. 3 Franklin and a scoreless draw with No. 10 OA. Mansfield has a tough week with Canton and Foxboro.
18. Minnechaug (7-0-2) - Emma Weisse scored a pair of goals on Tuesday against Chicopee in a 3-1 victory. Minnechaug has extended its win streak to six games after back-to-back draws.
19. West Springfield (6-1-4) - The Terriers were held to a scoreless draw with Longmeadow on Tuesday, the fourth draw of the season for the defending D1 state champs. West Side hosts Ludlow on Oct. 16.
20. Weymouth (8-1-0) - The Wildcats cruised past Norwood and Briantree by a combined 11-1 last week. Weymouth has a tough league matchup with Walpole on Thursday.
Last 10 Out: Bridgewater-Raynham (10-0-0), Dover-Sherborn (7-1-1), East Bridgewater (8-1-0), Medfield (7-2-1), Ludlow (7-1-3), Nashoba (5-2-2), Natick (5-1-3), Newton South (8-2-0), Westborough (7-2-0), Winchester (7-2-2).