There are known issues with Norton System Works, some disk utility programs and Windows ME. Performing the following steps may allow installation of the Bottomline software.
*As with any modifications you decide to make to your computer, follow these instructions at your own risk. ESPN is not responsible for anything which may happen to your computer as a result of you not following the instructions correctly, or as a result of any other unforeseen circumstances. If you wish to continue using Norton SystemWorks, please remember to re-enable it after you complete the instructions below.
To work around this issue, delete all Oem*.inf files in the Windows\Inf folder that are 0 KB in size.
To delete all of the 0 KB files, follow these steps:
1. Set Windows to show all files. To do so, open Windows Explorer, on the Tools menu, click "Folder Options", click the "View" tab, and then select the "Show Hidden Files and Folders" option.
2. Click "Start", point to "Search", and then click "For Files or Folders".
3. In the "Search for Files or Folders" named box, type "oem*.inf".
4. Verify that the "Look in" box shows "C:\Windows\Inf".
5. Click "Search Now".
6. In the "Search Results" window, click the header of the "Size" column to sort the files by size. If you cannot see the "Size" column, maximize the Search Results window.
7. Select all of the files that have a size greater that 0 kilobytes (KB) to a temporary location. To do so:
a. In the "Search Results" window, click the first file that has a size greater than 0 KB,
and then press and hold down the SHIFT key as you click the last file that has a
size greater than 0 KB.
b. On the "Edit" menu, click "Copy".
c. Right-click an empty space on the desktop, point to "New", and then click "Folder".
d. Type an appropriate name for the folder (for example, type "oeminf" ), and then press ENTER.
e. Right-click the new folder, and then click "Paste".
8. Remove the 0 KB .inf files. To do so:
a. Click "Start", point to "Programs", point to "Accessories", and then click "MS-DOS Prompt".
b. At the command prompt, type the following lines, pressing ENTER after you type each line:
NOTE : This process can take several minutes, depending on the speed of the computer and on the number of files that are in the Inf folder. On older computers with a large number of files (40,000 or more), this process can take up to an hour to finish.
9. Close all open windows.
10. Disable all disk utility programs, and then install the Bottomline Client.
11. If you wish to continue using Norton SystemWorks, please remember to re-enable it after you install the BottomLine. ESPN is not responsible for anything which may happen to your machine as a result of not re-enabling Norton SystemWorks.
Updated as soon as we get them, and streamed right to your desktop
Find out who's hot and who's not, before, during, and after
Get all the latest headlines from ESPN and read the full story
with one click
A Name You Trust
All of this from the worldwide leader in sports