Bantamweight world titleholder Tomoki Kameda and interim titlist and mandatory challenger Alejandro Hernandez will meet Nov. 1 at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, Warriors Boxing promoter Leon Margules told ESPN.com on Friday.
Margules won the right to promote the fight at a WBO purse bid Friday afternoon in Puerto Rico. He offered $603,000 and Tuto Zabala of All-Star Boxing, Hernandez's promoter, was the only other bidder, offering $151,000. The minimum bid was $100,000.
Margules does not promote either boxer, but he does regular business with Al Haymon, the adviser who recently signed Kameda, and bid on his behalf, and will promote the card.
As the titleholder, Kameda is entitled to 80 percent of the winning bid ($482,400) and Hernandez will receive the remaining 20 percent ($120,600).
Kameda, 23, who has fought primarily in Japan and Mexico, will be making his third title defense. He will be in the United States for the second consecutive fight. On July 12, Kameda knocked out Pungluang Sor Singyu of Thailand with a seventh-round body shot on the Canelo Alvarez-Erislandy Lara undercard in Las Vegas. Kameda signed with Haymon shortly after the fight.
The 28-year-old Hernandez (28-10-2, 15 KOs), who has won three bouts in a row, claimed the vacant interim 118-pound belt in his last fight, winning a unanimous decision against Daniel Rosas on June 14 in Mexico.
Margules said he would probably add Polish light heavyweight contender Andrzej Fonfara, a popular attraction in Chicago, his adopted hometown, to the undercard. Fonfara (25-3, 15 KOs), 25, pushed world champion Adonis Stevenson to the brink in a title shot in his last fight on May 24 in Montreal, but Stevenson won a unanimous decision.
Margules said he was working on an American television deal.
"Of course, I'll have U.S. TV, I just don't know what it will be yet," Margules said.