<
>

Purse bid ordered for Wladimir Klitschko-Tyson Fury fight

The representatives for heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko and mandatory challenger Tyson Fury have been engaged in talks for weeks but are seemingly making little progress for a fight that is supposed to take place this fall.

With time ticking, the WBA on Friday ordered a purse bid for the fight to take place July 6 at the organization's offices in Panama City, Panama. The order could spur the parties to make a deal before the deadline. If they don't and the bid is held, Klitschko, as the reigning champion, would be entitled to 80 percent of the winning purse offer, with Fury getting the remaining 20 percent.

Klitschko (64-3, 54 KOs), 39, who is from Ukraine and living in South Florida, has made 18 consecutive title defenses (third most in heavyweight history), including a one-sided decision win against Bryant Jennings on April 25 in New York -- his first fight in the United States since 2008.

Fury (24-0, 18 KOs), 26, of England, became one of Klitschko's mandatory challengers by virtue of his 10th-round knockout of Dereck Chisora in November. Fury also knocked out Christian Hammer in the eighth-round in February to stay busy before the title shot.