Amir Khan is turning his attention towards a rematch with Danny Garcia or Lamont Peterson after talks broke down with Manny Pacquiao.
The British boxer had been negotiating with Filipino Pacquiao (57-6-2, 38 KOs) about a fight early in 2016, but Khan is now considering other opponents for the end of the year or early 2016.
Pacquiao fight could still happen if he signs the contract, but im also looking at other options— Amir Khan (@AmirKingKhan) October 13, 2015
Khan (31-3, 19 KOs) has fought just once the year -- a points win over Chris Algieri in May -- after being snubbed for a third time by Floyd Mayweather.
After weeks of talks with Pacquiao, Khan has once again missed out on the big fight he has been craving for the last three years.
Former eight-weight world champion Pacquiao, 36, has been recovering from shoulder surgery since being out-pointed by Mayweather in May and says his next fight will be his last before a career in politics.
"I'm really disappointed in Manny and his team," Khan told The National newspaper. "They aren't playing ball. All that was left to do is to sign the contract. But they are stalling.
"I have pulled out of the negotiations. I am no longer fighting Manny Pacquiao. I am not going to wait around for Manny like I did for Mayweather. I need to fight and if they don't want to fight then that's fine, I have other targets."
Rematches with Americans Garcia or Peterson, who have both beaten Khan, are now top of the former world light-welterweight champion's wish list.
Peterson (33-3-1, 17 KOs), who beat Khan by a controversial points decision in 2011, boxes Felix Diaz on Saturday so may not be available until early next year. But Garcia (31-0, 18 KOs), who stopped Khan in four rounds in 2012, would be available to fight in December.
"I've told Al Haymon to get me a few names, maybe a rematch with Danny Garcia or Lamont Peterson, so there are still a few more names out there for me," Khan told BBC 5Live. "I don't want to be in the same position as Floyd Mayweather Jr who promised me the fight and it never happened."
A proposed fight with Sheffield's Kell Brook (35-0, 24 KOs) would not happen until next summer as Brook is due to defend his IBF world welterweight title against Argentina's Diego Chaves (23-2-1, 19 KOs) on October 24, and to maximise revenue the all-British fight would be held at an outdoor stadium.
American Tim Bradley (32-1-1, 12 KOs) is also busy until 2016 since he fights Brandon Rios (33-2-1, 24 KOs) for the WBO title on November 7.