LONDON -- Anthony Joshua dismissed criticism from Joseph Parker's team about his punch resistance, describing it as "fake news" at a press conference Tuesday.
The rival world heavyweight champions were calm and collected as they came face-to-face for the first time ahead of their March 31 fight at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff.
David Higgins, who promotes New Zealander Parker, had offered £10,000 to the first person who sent proof that New Zealand Parker had ever been knocked down.
Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs), 28, has only been floored once in the professional ranks, when he got off the canvas to knock out former long-term champion Wladimir Klitschko in the 11th round in April last year.
"There is a lot of talk about me being dropped," Joshua said. "There have been three times I have been hurt or dropped.
"The first was the European championships when only two weeks before I had been called back into the [Great Britain amateur] programme because I was banned from the GB team. I was very unfit.
"I got stopped, not dropped. The second time was with David Price. I came out of a police cell the day before and went up there to spar. David Price is a puncher and that was down to a lack of experience.
"And Klitschko taught me that no one will stop me going from where I am going. It will take more than a human to stop me from going where I am going.
"The rumours the Parker camp have heard are all fake news. In terms of facts, I am willing to go through the storm."
IBF-WBA champion Joshua will have the backing of another huge home UK crowd when he faces WBO titleholder Parker after 78,000 saw him stop substitute opponent Carlos Takam in ten rounds at the same Welsh venue on Oct. 28.
"Last time in Cardiff was a great night, I took my time because I wanted to set up a spectacular 2018," said Joshua. "Now we're here it's about making history. It's an honour to be here with another world champion.
"I don't know how to take his camp about what has been said. I take everything with a punch of salt."