<
>

Marco Huck-Firat Arslan II back on

Cruiserweight titleholder Marco Huck and former titleholder Firat Arslan, who were supposed to meet in a rematch on Saturday in Stuttgart, Germany, got a new date for their postponed fight.

They will meet on Jan. 25, still in Stuttgart, promoter Sauerland Event announced on Friday.

Huck suffered a hairline fracture of his left elbow in his final sparring session last week, forcing Saturday's card to be postponed.

"It was important to me that the doctors are optimistic about the healing process," the 28-year-old Huck said. "I need to be at a 100 percent. I will train the same way as I did for Sept. 14. Come Jan. 25, I will be in the best shape of my life."

Huck and Arslan initially fought last November and, in a slugfest, Huck won a highly competitive and disputed unanimous decision on scores of 117-111, 115-113 and 115-113.

It was such a good fight, and many thought that Arslan had done enough to win, that it set the stage for the eventual rematch. They both won interim fights and then the rematch was signed.

"I promise that I will give it my all in preparation of the new fight date and to be in top shape by early next year," said Arslan, who turns 43 on Sept. 28. "This will be the hardest fight of Marco Huck's career to date."

Huck (36-2-1, 25 KOs), a native of Serbia living in Germany, will be making his 12th title defense in the rematch with Arslan (33-6-2, 21 KOs), a German southpaw, who held a version of the cruiserweight title from 2007 to 2008.