Chalk Points are quick-hitting previews designed for on-the-go fans and recreational bettors looking for fundamental information.
Baltimore Ravens (0-3, 0-3 ATS) at Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1, 2-0-1 ATS), 8:25 p.m. CBS
Thursday morning line at Westgate SuperBook: Ravens -3 (EVEN), 44 | Current offshore lines
• As of late Wednesday night, 89 percent of the money was on the favored Ravens at William Hill's Nevada sportsbook.
• "All Ravens so far." -- CG Technology vice president of race and sports Jason Simbal on Wednesday.
• Veteran quarterback Michael Vick will start for the Steelers in place of injured starter Ben Roethlisberger. The change at quarterback moved the point spread five points, from Pittsburgh -2.5 to Baltimore -2.5 at the Westgate SuperBook.
• Vick is 6-13 as a starter over the last three seasons. He joined the Steelers in August.
• The over/under on Vick's touchdown passes plus interceptions opened at 2.5 (-130 under) at the SuperBook.
• Baltimore won two of three meetings with the Steelers last season, including a 30-17 playoff win as a three-point underdog at Heinz Field (although Le'Veon Bell didn't play due to injury).
• Bell's over/under rushing yards opened at 90.5 (-110 either way) at the SuperBook.
• The Steelers are 6-1-1 against the spread (ATS) as home underdogs under coach Mike Tomlin.
• Tomlin is 10-7-2 ATS versus the Ravens and 20-13-2 ATS as an underdog overall in his coaching career.
• Ravens coach John Harbaugh is 6-9-2 ATS versus the Steelers.
• Baltimore is 67-58 ATS in quarterback Joe Flacco's starts, including 6-9 ATS versus Pittsburgh.
• Flacco's over/under touchdowns thrown opened at 1.5 (-140 over) at the SuperBook.
• The teams combined to average 48.3 points in last season's three meetings.
• The over/under opened at 44 and has remained there at most books. MGM Mirage was offering 43.5 as of Thursday morning.
• According to Michael Grodsky, director of marketing at William Hill U.S., 77 percent of the money was on under as of late Wednesday night.
• The Steelers are not expected to run their normal no-huddle offense with Vick under center.
• Baltimore offensive tackle Eugene Monroe is out, and James Hurst, an undrafted second-year player, will start instead. According to Pro Football Focus, Hurst has graded out as the worst offensive tackle in the NFL through three games. Starting defensive end Chris Canty and starting tight end Crockett Gillmore are also out for the Ravens.
• Weather is not expected to be a factor, with temperatures dipping into the upper 50s, no call for precipitation, and winds around 10 mph.