As we do every year, we've prepared a comprehensive team-by-team rundown of the new gear that will be on display this season in the ACC. In addition to uniform changes, we've included updates to logos, equipment, field designs and anything else related to a team's visual program. If a school isn't listed here, that means it hasn't yet announced any changes for this season, at least that we're aware of (though schools will undoubtedly be unveiling additional uniforms and helmets -- blackout, whiteout, camouflage, stars and stripes, chrome and so on -- as the season progresses).
Ready? Deep breath -- here we go.
• Georgia Tech has a new logo marking the centennial of the school's 1917 national championship. No word yet on whether it will be incorporated into the uniform or used just for marketing purposes.
Also: Tech is one of two FBS teams that are still outfitted by Russell Athletic. That will change next season, because the school has just inked a new deal with Adidas. (The other Russell-outfitted FBS school is Southern Miss, but that is likely to change next year as well.)
• Miami has two new solid-colored alternate uniforms: a green design, which will be worn Sept. 23 against Toledo, and a black model, complete with a black helmet, which will debut Oct. 12 against Georgia Tech (additional info here).
• Last year Michigan became the first NCAA school to wear the Jordan Brand logo on its football uniforms (or, to put it another way, it became to the first football team to wear a basketball icon). Now North Carolina has joined, as the Tar Heels' new uniforms will feature the Jumpman graphic. They also include a dark navy set that looks very close to black (here's some additional info and photos).
In addition, UNC is one of several schools that are going with raised neck bumper lettering this season:
Finally, two sections of Kenan Memorial Stadium's bleachers are being converted to chairs (additional info here).
• NC State is adding a 125th anniversary helmet decal:
In addition, the Wolfpack will wear a solid-black alternate uniform for the Oct. 5 game against Louisville:
Also: Letters and numbers on all NC State jerseys will be screen-printed, rather than sewn.
• Pitt will wear its excellent retro uniforms for the Oct. 14 homecoming game against NC State and will give away a bobblehead of James Conner wearing the retro threads (further info here):
It looks like the Panthers will also be wearing the throwbacks on Nov. 9 against UNC.
Meanwhile, a secondary logo and possible color change are reportedly in the works:
• No photos yet, but Syracuse will have a new Military Appreciation Day helmet logo for the Nov. 11 game against Wake Forest. It won't be revealed until the week leading up to the game.
• Virginia, whose cleats had been a mix of white, orange and blue, is switching to black.
• Virginia Tech has added a 125th anniversary helmet decal and is going with raised lettering on its nose and neck bumpers: