Braxton Miller released from hospital

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller left Saturday's game against Purdue and was sent to the hospital after being taken down hard after a long run.

According to the school, Miller was examined for a concussion and passed all tests on his shoulders, head and neck and was released from the hospital Saturday evening. Miller's father, Kevin, was with him in the hospital.

"He passed all of the tests and he's getting ready to be released," said team spokesman Jerry Emig, who added there were no symptoms of a concussion or other serious injury.

Miller, mentioned among the top Heisman Trophy contenders, was completing a 37-yard run when he was thrown to the turf by Purdue cornerback Josh Johnson late in the third quarter.

Miller didn't get up for several minutes -- he was in obvious pain -- while he was attended to by several doctors and trainers. Eventually he sat up, then stood on shaky legs for at least 60 seconds before he was led to the sidelines. He was later taken to the locker room by cart while the Buckeyes (No. 7 AP) completed a rally to beat Purdue 29-22 in overtime.

"I've not heard (his status); I've been running around celebrating with our team," coach Urban Meyer said after the game. "I'm going to go find out immediately after this (news conference).

"He's like my son, and all these guys are. I just had concern because I think it was a head, and that concerns all of us."

Ohio State officials asked for a stretcher, and Miller was then taken to Ohio State Wexner Medical Center on campus.

Kenny Guiton took over at quarterback for the Buckeyes. He completed 6-of-11 passes for 77 yards, with one touchdown pass and an interception.

In the overtime, Carlos Hyde scored on a 1-yard plunge for the Buckeyes before Purdue failed to score on its possession.

Miller completed 9 of 20 for 113 yards with an interception and ran for 47 yards on 12 carries.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.