Jordan-Hare Stadium, built in 1939, is the nation's 10th-largest on-campus football stadium. The Tigers have had a season-ticket base of more than 75,000 since 1992. The stadium is named after Ralph "Shug" Jordan, the school's all-time winningest coach, and Clifford Leroy Hare, an original team member and president of the former Southern Conference. The field is named after Pat Dye, who guided the Tigers to four SEC championships, and was dedicated before the 2005 Iron Bowl.
War Eagle is Auburn's battle cry, not Auburn's nickname. The origin of the War Eagle battle cry dates to 1864 and the Civil War at the Battle of the Wilderness in Virginia. Tiger Walk is an Auburn tradition that began in the early 1960s, when Auburn players would walk from Sewell Hall to the football stadium and fans would line Donahue Drive to cheer them. The tradition has grown into a major part of game day at Auburn and begins two hours prior to kickoff. (It also is celebrated at road games.)
Aubie, the Tiger mascot, started as a cartoon in the Birmingham Post-Herald by artist Phil Neel in 1959. The mascot has been in character at games and events since 1979.
Toomer's Corner is at the center of Auburn, where College Street intersects with Magnolia Avenue, and has been at the center of athletic celebrations. Auburn fans and students meet at Toomer's Corner to celebrate and to "roll" the trees with toilet paper. The school learned in February 2011 that the soil around the 130-year-old oaks was poisoned with a herbicide called tebuthiuron. Officials removed contaminated soil and continue to monitor the soil through tests, but they are uncertain about the herbicide's impact on the oaks. An Alabama fan was accused of poisoning the trees.