STOCK WATCH: Fast-Glance Week in Review
January 1, 2007 | Dick's Stock Watch provides a fast-glance review of the past week in the world of sports, charting whose stock is up and whose is down.
• Robert Montgomery Knight passed Dean Smith on the all-time win list, getting victory #880 as Texas Tech beat New Mexico.
• Texas Tech's football team rallied from a 31-point deficit to beat Minnesota in the Insight Bowl, a game that cost Glen Mason his job.
• Tiki Barber ran for 234 yards and three touchdowns as the Giants beat the Redskins, earning Tom Coughlin's team a playoff berth.
• Kentucky won its first bowl game since 1984, upsetting Clemson.
• Geno Auriemma earned career win number 600 for UConn.
• The Cowboys lost at home to the then 2-13 Lions, 39-31.
• The Bengals, Titans and Broncos all lost at home, ending their playoff hopes.
• Jason Kidd was fined $20,000 for referring to officials as three blind mice.
• Notre Dame guard Kyle McAlarney was suspended following a charge for marijuana possession. It is all about making decisions.
Dick Vitale coached the Pistons and the University of Detroit before broadcasting ESPN's first college basketball game in December 1979. Send him a question for possible use on ESPNEWS.