March 3, 2008 | Dick's Stock Watch provides a fast-glance review of the past week in the world of sports, charting whose stock is up and whose is down.
• Mike Krzyzewski and C. Vivian Stringer each got career win No. 800.
• LeBron James became the quickest player to reach 10,000 points in NBA history.
• Tennessee's Chris Lofton scored his 2,000th career point.
• NFL free agents have been raking in the dough, getting lots of cash.
• The Lakers have been on fire.
• The Memphis Grizzlies have lost eight straight games.
• The New York Knicks continue to struggle as well.
• The Giants lost three players from their defense -- Gibril Wilson, Kawika Mitchell and Reggie Torbor.
• The Ottawa Senators fired coach John Paddock despite having one of the best records in the Eastern Conference.
Dick Vitale coached the Pistons and the University of Detroit before broadcasting ESPN's first college basketball game in December 1979. Send him a question for possible use on ESPNEWS.