March 10, 2008 | Dick's Stock Watch provides a fast-glance review of the past week in the world of sports, charting whose stock is up and whose is down.
• The Houston Rockets have won 18 straight games. Tracy McGrady and company have been on fire and Rick Adelman deserves a lot of credit as this team has hung together despite the injury to Yao Ming.
• Ben Roethlisberger signed a new contract worth $102 million. Hey, Big Ben, I could use a loan!
• LeBron James put up 50 points against the Knicks.
• North Carolina came through with a big win at Cameron Indoor Stadium, knocking off the Dukies.
• Serena Williams and Andy Roddick performed well in winning tennis tournaments over the weekend.
• Roger Federer lost in the first round of the tournament in Dubai.
• Dirk Nowitzki sat out a one-game suspension for a flagrant foul.
• Carl Edwards was docked 100 points for a violation at the race in Las Vegas.
• Tyrus Thomas of the Bulls was suspended for two games due to an unexcused absence from practice.
Dick Vitale coached the Pistons and the University of Detroit before broadcasting ESPN's first college basketball game in December 1979. Send him a question for possible use on ESPNEWS.