April 7, 2008 | Dick's Stock Watch provides a fast-glance review of the past week in the world of sports, charting whose stock is up and whose is down.
• Memphis and Kansas made it to the men's Final Four.
• The women's Final Four is set too with Stanford vs. Tennessee in Tampa.
• Reds rookie Johnny Cueto pitched seven innings, struck out 10 batters with no walks in his major league debut.
• Diamondbacks pitcher Doug Davis pitched despite being diagnosed with cancer.
• Serena Williams won the tournament at Key Biscayne.
• Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry was cut by the team after his fifth arrest.
• Browns defensive back Kenny Wright also had problems with the law.
• The Detroit Tigers, after spending so much money in the off-season, got off to a slow start.
Dick Vitale coached the Pistons and the University of Detroit before broadcasting ESPN's first college basketball game in December 1979. Send him a question for possible use on ESPNEWS.