April 21, 2008 | Dick's Stock Watch provides a fast-glance review of the past week in the world of sports, charting whose stock is up and whose is down.
• Danica Patrick became the first female winner in IndyCar history Sunday, taking the Indy Japan 300.
• Chris Paul had 35 points, 10 assists and four steals in his first playoff game, lifting New Orleans to a 104-92 come-from-behind victory over Dallas in Game 1 of their first-round series.
• Tim Duncan scored 40 points and grabbed 15 rebounds in a double-overtime thriller over the Suns.
• Pau Gasol had 36 points and 16 rebounds in a win over Denver.
• The Pittsburgh Penguins swept the Ottawa Senators.
• Cleveland Indians pitcher C. C. Sabathia has really struggled. The AL Cy Young winner last season has seen opponents bat .390 against him so far this season.
• Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander is 0-3 with a 7.03 ERA.
• Detroit continues to struggle as a team, currently sporting a 6-13 record.
• The Pirates have dropped five straight games.
Dick Vitale coached the Pistons and the University of Detroit before broadcasting ESPN's first college basketball game in December 1979. Send him a question for possible use on ESPNEWS.