May 12, 2008 | Dick's Stock Watch provides a fast-glance review of the past week in the world of sports, charting whose stock is up and whose is down.
• Indians pitcher Cliff Lee is 6-0 with a 0.81 ERA, 39 strikeouts and only two walks.
• Greg Maddux finally got his 350th win, beating Colorado on Saturday night.
• Tampa Bay pitcher James Shields threw a one-hitter against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
• Scott Dixon earned the pole position at the Indianapolis 500.
• Mike D'Antoni is going to coach the Knicks, agreeing to a deal reportedly worth an average of $6 million a season.
• Seattle's Richie Sexson was suspended for five games after charging the mound and throwing his helmet at the opposing pitcher after a high pitch.
• Jason Isringhausen was pulled as the Cardinals closer.
• Rafael Nadal was upset in the second round of the Italian Open. Roger Federer also made an early exit, losing in the quarterfinals.
Dick Vitale coached the Pistons and the University of Detroit before broadcasting ESPN's first college basketball game in December 1979. Send him a question for possible use on ESPNEWS.