June 9, 2008 | Dick's Stock Watch provides a fast-glance review of the past week in the world of sports, charting whose stock is up and whose is down.
• Rafael Nadal did not lose a set en route to dominating the men's field at the French Open. He became the first player to go through the French without losing a set since Bjorn Borg in 1980.
• Ana Ivanovic became the new number one in women's tennis. She won the French title and lost just one set en route to the championship.
• The Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup championship.
• Randy Johnson moved into second place on the all-time strikeout list.
• Chipper Jones hit his 400th career home run.
• Big Brown fell short of its Triple Crown goal.
• Cedric Benson got in trouble with the law again.
• Travis Henry was cut loose by the Broncos.
• The Mets were swept in a four-game series by the Padres.
• Fred Couples failed to qualify for the U. S. Open.
• Matt Kemp and Coco Crisp got penalized for instigating fights.