Message from Kevin Martinez
Every day at ESPN, we share stories of inspiration and perseverance with the world. We see firsthand how sports has the ability to transform lives, and we are proud to broaden that narrative through our own Corporate Citizenship programs and initiatives.
ESPN Corporate Citizenship encompasses our multi-faceted community initiatives, including employee volunteerism, charitable giving, cause marketing and sustainability, while also utilizing our media assets to reach and uplift diverse communities.
We focus on five key areas:
- Access to Sports - Enable greater access to sports through better equipment, programs and places to play.
- Leadership Through Sports - Use sport to maximize our human potential.
- The V Foundation - Support cancer research to help find a cure.
- Good Neighbor - Invest time and resources in communities where we live, work and play.
- Sustainability - Protect and preserve the environment for generations to come.
In the past three years, ESPN has helped more than 1.3 million youth gain access to sport. This achievement is made possible by strategically aligning with best-in-class organizations that work to ensure every person has the opportunity to play sports. Through collaborations including Special Olympics Unified Sports and Caravana do Esporte, we're also finding ways to foster physical development, leadership and life skills through sports.
Additionally, we continue support the V Foundation in achieving victory over cancer - raising over $80 million since its inception in 1993.
From investing in cancer research, to using sports to unify youth with disabilities with their teammates, to honoring military men and women, we use the power of sports to ENSPIRE social good.
Vice President, ESPN Corporate Citizenship