Each week I'll write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• Congrats to the new class entering the College Basketball Hall of Fame: Rollie Massimino, Gene Keady, George Raveling, Xavier McDaniel, Bob Hopkins, Elvin Hayes, Marques Johnson, Tom McMillen, George Killian and the 1962-62 Loyola-Chicago Ramblers.
• Duke added another marquee name to its already stellar recruiting class. Justise Winslow, a top 15 player on the ESPNU list, committed to Coach K. He joins Jahili Okafor and Tyus Jones in the group heading to Cameron Indoor Stadium next season. Meanwhile, Duke had a real nail-biter against Vermont, winning by one point. How did the Catamounts start 1-5?
• I was so impressed with Marcus Paige in wins over Richmond and Louisville. I also loved watching Kennedy Meeks, who has great hands and makes excellent outlet passes. He reminded me of Wes Unseld throwing passes that led to fast breaks against the Cardinals.
• Nik Stauskas is one of the most improved players in America. You knew he could shoot from outside, but now he has the ability to attack the basket and handle the rock.
• St. John's guard Rysheed Jordan was suspended for one game for violating team policy. Jordan has seen his playing time limited as the Red Storm has depth at guard.
• Charlotte had a great upset over Michigan to win the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. Charlotte's lone loss came to College of Charleston by a point.